This recipe replaces breadcrumbs or oatmeal with Parmesan or Romano cheese. You can also add a variety of low carb vegetables to this and I think it would taste fine.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 3 or 4 tbsp tamari sauce (soy sauce is fine if you are not avoiding gluten)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic minced very fine
- 2 eggs
- slightly beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Parmesan / Romano / other shaker-style cheese (or combine!)
- 1 slice chopped uncooked bacon
Instructions1. Mix all the ingredients together. Don't overhandle the meat, just mix enough to incorporate the ingredients.
2. Shape lightly into a casserole or other deep dish.
3. Bake uncovered at 350* for approximately one hour.
4. About 10 minutes before removing from oven, add a thick layer of grated cheese, preferably cheddar, and allow it to melt.