Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you, and be silent. —-Epictetus

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cranberry Cream Cheese Holiday Salad

  • 1 1/2 cups crushed Almonds
  • 4 1/2 tablespoons Splenda
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup Splenda
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (6 ounce) package sugar free Jello brand raspberry flavored gelatin
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen raspberries
  • 8 ounces of cranberries (chopped)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the almonds,1 tsp salt,  4 1/2 tablespoons Splenda and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat the Splenda and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
  3. In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen raspberries and chopped cranberries then stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour. 

9 comments:

  1. I made this for Thanksgiving and it was awesome. For Christmas, I left out the raspberries (i was out) and I liked it even more. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You you are very welcome. I love this salad and wish I had more time to make it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the nutritional info for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. MFP has this at 18g carbs net. Is that right? Maybe I'm not figuring out the servings correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the nutritional information for this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good question, I cant imagine it being 18 carbs and if so Im sure it's just from the fruit, the other items don't have many carbs Im also looking to see the count results on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After learning more about cooking low carb there are a few things I would change.
    1) replace the light whipped topping with heavy whipping cream which has some carbs but not a lot. It depends on how much you use.
    2) instead of Splenda I would use stevia drops. I don't like sweetness near as much as I used to so I would decrease the amount. There again to your taste.
    3) use strawberries instead of cranberries. Fewer carbs and I like the taste better.

    So really, I don't know the carb count exactly. Sorry. All I know is that this has a whole lot fewer than the regular salad done with pretzels and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the carb count would be about six per serving if done with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete