Monday, April 8, 2013
Yippee! I can't tell you how often I have been craving any sort of bread while doing this low carb thing. So, usually I cheat and have some anyway. Now I can satisfy the cravings using carb quick. I finally ordered a box, which I wish we're twice as big for the money I spent,and made myself a few Bisquits. These are pretty good. Clearly not as good as my home made Bisquits but they will do. I am still experiencing an aftertaste of baking powder but I got to eat a Bisquits and not feel guilty. I got on the scales this morning after weighing myself for two weeks and I had lost a pound and a half. Just ten more to go. I think the car quick will be a useful tool to put in my belt.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor, place it in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 8 minutes or until cooked.
- Place the cauliflower in a tea towel and sqeeze as much moisture out as you can.
- Mix the cauliflower, egg, mozzarella, oregano, salt and pepper, press the mixture onto a baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
I am going to try to post more recipes with no artificial sweeteners. I had a reality check starting about three weeks ago. I started having pain in my muscles every so often. I wondered if my treadmill workouts were getting out of control and then I thought maybe this was happening because I am just getting older. That number 49 is creeping ever closer by the day. Then I had a couple of days where my muscles hurt really bad and even at night that I couldn't sleep even after taking a double dose of ibuprofen. After a while I started wondering if I had MS or some other condition. Then I had an remembered reading an article about body aches and artificial sweeteners. Some people react to them badly and I had been using artificial sweeteners a lot. So... I have cut them completely out of my diet. I am still trying to do low carb but I will not use the artificial sweeteners anymore. After a week, I don't have the pain anymore and I feel better. The weight gain that I feared hasn't come back. I just need to be more careful about what I am putting in my body.