Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you, and be silent. —-Epictetus

Friday, June 10, 2016

Chia Strawberry Jam

Low Carb Chia Strawberry Jam

This combination of Chia seeds and Strawberries is absolutely delightful. I stumbled across this because my daughter bought us a huge bag of Chia seeds. I didn't really know what to do with them so I tried adding it to strawberry syrup and viola! It became Strawberry Jam! I thought I would share.

I cooked strawberries in a sauce pan until the strawberries were soft then added the Chia seeds. Let that simmer for about five minutes. Then transfer this into a blender so make the syrup. If you want to use this as a syrup at this point, that works very well. You can add the stevia at any time. I didn't because the sweetness from the Strawberries works just fine for me.

1 Cup Strawberries
1/4 Cup Chia seeds
Add Stevia to taste

Carb Count
Strawberries - 10 grams ( 13 carbs subtract 3 grams fiber)
Chia seeds - 2 grams (16 grams carbs subtract 2 grams fiber)


No comments:

Post a Comment