Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you, and be silent. —-Epictetus

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pizza Crust with Almond Flour AKA Low Carb Pizza Crust you Can Eat WithYour Hands!

My son was having a DiGiorno pizza for lunch and I knew I would snitch a piece if I didn't come up with something for myself. So I got out my bag of almond flour and got busy. My pizza crust worked out so well that I just had to share. This made a pizza round of 6 inches in circumference. I ate half for lunch and the other half for an afternoon snack. I am going to try this recipe and see if it will work for an English muffin.

Low-carb pizza crust

1/2 C almond flour
1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
2 T heavy whipping cream
1 pinch of salt

I mixed this up well and formed it into a pizza crust shape in a greased pie pan and baked it for 10 minutes in a 450 degree oven.

After this I put the toppings on that I wanted and put it back in the oven for twelve minutes or until the cheese was done to my liking.

This crust stayed together and tasted way better than the cauliflower crust I have made before.


No comments:

Post a Comment